"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, March 6, 2009

March Little Hands Group...

Today we had our Little Hands Art Group meeting... Michelle chose to teach our lesson on Michelangelo...It was great... She had sent out an e-mail on who the artist was and a link, so we could research it beforehand..(you can chek it out here ) ... I was so surprised by what my kids retained and were able to answer when she was teaching today... even my 6yo DD could remember "The Last Judgement" and that a particular sculpture was of the Virgin Mary and Jesus... I also used a great book as a resource... It talked all about his life from birth to death and some of his more famous works..


                                                                  Michelangelo


For our activity, Michelle had planed 2 art projects... The first one was to tape paper on the underneath side of tables and to draw pictures under it in a position simliar to that of Michelangelo when he painted the Sistine Chapel and the 2nd project was sculpture and the kids got to carve their very own sculpture out of soap.. They loved it.. and DD is carving another bar of soap right now as I type.. She may be my budding artist...   =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...