"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Saturday, May 24, 2008

SOCIALIZATION

The “S” Word of Home Education:
Socialization

DEFINITION:
so·cial·ize
v. so·cial·ized, so·cial·iz·ing, so·cial·iz·es


To place under government or group ownership or control.


To make fit for companionship with others; make sociable.


To convert or adapt to the needs of society.


 


Now do I really want to be socialized???? Todays homeschoolers are far more able to fit into the real world than the so-called socialized children of the public system... Every day I see more and more examples of this... Increased violence, decreased morality, increased crime, more and more laws to decrease or completely remove rights, yes socialization... An unneccessary term to the homeschooler...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...