"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Thursday, July 2, 2009

Homemade Laundry Detergent...

Picture of Cup Of Powdered Laundry Detergent - Tipnut.com


I have been trying to do better about the cleaning agents I have been using... I have been making my laundry detergent for some time now... For several reasons...


1. It is certainly cheaper!!!


2. I know what is coming in contact with my family...and that they are harmless products...


3. It helps to cut down on the amount of chemicals I expose myself and my family too...


Here's the recipe I use and with great results...                               


12 cups Borax
8 cups Baking Soda
8 cups Washing Soda
8 cups Bar soap (grated)  I use Kirk's Castile which you can buy at any grocery store...



  • Mix all ingredients well and store in a sealed tub.

  • Use 1/8 cup of powder per full load.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I have really been wanting to try making my own detergent. Thanks for sharing your recipe! I do have one question..........do you need to do anything differently if you have a high efficiency washer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message...