"Never let formal education get in the way of your learning. " Mark Twain


"For I have learned, in whatever state I am, therein to be content" Phillipians 4:11



Friday, April 3, 2009

Little Hands Art Group - April

Our Little Hands group studied Tessellations this month..


My friend Kim taught the lesson and she did a great job...The artist name was M.C. Esher (you can find out more about him here)...Anyway, a tessellation is a collection of figures or shapes that fill an area with no overlaps and no gaps... it was neat and the art form relates to math and there were so many avenues to research about it as I had never heard of Tessellations before... but after the lesson I came home and found some great ones online... you can find out more about them here...


Here are some examples of the art form: View Image     View Image


and here is how we did it...we just cut a shape from cardstock (or any other firm material) and traced patterns back to back to fill in all the empty space... The kids did a great job with it...


Here are my kidlets work:


Libby's Art  Photobucket


Tommy's Art


Photobucket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message...